FLOTSAM & JETSAM: Psalm of the Fast Lane

Friday, November 17, 2017

Psalm of the Fast Lane

SAM SMITH, 1986
The Lord is my mentor; I shall want it all.
He feedeth me in world-class restaurants and leadeth me beside the sparkling mineral waters.
He restoreth my house and bringeth me in the path of good access.
Yea, though I jog through the valley of the shadow of high rises I shall fear no viable competition; thy clout and thy bottom line shall comfort me.
He shall prepare a game plan against mine enemies, and shall bloweth dry my head and my Volvo shall runneth over to Bloomingdales.
Surely perks and power lunches shall follow me all the days of my life and 1 shall dwell in an upscale neighborhood forever and ever.
For thine is the power and the glory –
But not for long, sucker. I’m right behind you.